Heal, the supreme physician lies within
What Radical Remission can teach us about healing.
The medical community has an interesting way to describe the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Medical students are all taught about the placebo effect as if it were a nasty side effect that must be removed from clinical trials. In reality it is the astonishing power of belief that directly impacts the immune system and the bodies ability to heal itself. Fully one-third of all healing is attributed to the placebo effect so it is a powerful mode of healing to access and use in your life. Another form of the body’s natural healing is the spontaneous remission of dis-ease or radical remissions. They call it radical remission as if it is not available to everyone. I think it is time to realize we are meant to invite these types of healings into our lives and know they are natural, to expect our bodies to support us and thrive.
We recently watched the excellent documentary “Heal, the most powerful healer is within.” It will make you think about what you know of healing and remind you of your own power. It introduced us to Kelly Turner, PHD and best selling author, who studied over 1500 radical emissions from people in all walks of life and all types of chronic illness and types of cancers in decades long studies. While she found over 75 different ways that they used to overcome their disease and heal. She found a common nine actions that created radical remissions that were common among all the participants. What was surprising was that only two involved physical actions.
The nine common steps that people who had radical remissions of chronic illness did are:
- Radically changing their diet. *
- Taking control of (for) your health.
- Following your intuition
- Using Herbs and Supplements. *
- Releasing suppressed emotions.
- Increasing positive emotions.
- Embracing social support.
- Deepening your spiritual connection.
- Having a strong reason for living.
Changing your diet and taking herbs and supplements are the only two common physical steps these people took to create radical remission of their dis-ease. A resounding seven of nine steps are mental, thoughts, emotional and spiritual steps.
A few additional items that I found memorable in Heal:
- Mind is often our biggest challenge – appreciate life, beauty ; the amazing gift to be alive; focus on life, joy; the possibilities (and likelihood) of wellness.
- Remission is “remember my mission.”
- Shifting inner life – choose positive possibility for instance visualize ”illness to wellness,” like chemotherapy being the little packman eating your tumor.
- Don’t put doctor in authority – put yourself in charge.
- Power of Belief is critical (1/3 of all medical healing attributed to placebo effect which is belief).
- Rest the parasympathetic – get out of stress. [meditate]
Remember, you are more powerful than you have been led to believe. Live powerfully in wellness, joy, and happiness. Until next time, In Loving Service,
Jim Montrose, Ayurvedic counselor
071 959 0786
Youth and Young at Heart Empowerment June or July or private sessions
Balance your Body Type October 11-13, save R200 by registering before September 9th.
Ayurvedic Cooking October 19th, join by Oct. 15th save R50.
Copyright September 2019
- 3 Gratitudes – Great DayJuly 1, 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Self Inquiry – 3 actualizations to enlightened livingMay 31, 2022 - 6:48 am
- Free Seminar Lifestyle/Eating Plan to Live-in Balance Tomorrow, Saturday April 30th at 9amApril 29, 2022 - 10:08 am
- Free Quarterly Review of Intentions TomorrowApril 22, 2022 - 3:36 pm