New Course, Balance the Art of Living
Balance the Art of Living Sept 13-15th or Oct. 11-13th
Follow Nature prescription with foods, lifestyle, exercise, and mental choices to Thrive
with Jim Montrose, Ayurvedic Counselor
Man’s oldest recorded medical system, Ayurveda – the art of living, is clear about balance. Each person has a unique body type (dosha) that determines what foods, lifestyle choices, vocations, exercise, and mental choices will keep them healthy, vibrant and thriving. We all benefit when we follow natures plan and meet the unique requirements of our body.
Join us for a weekend seminar to understand and explore your unique Ayurvedic body type (dosha) and learn how to thrive with food, herb, and lifestyle choices. Starting Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, we will learn through doing with:
- An Ayurvedic pulse exam determines your dosha (prakruti – original, and vikruti – current state of balance), digestion, organs, tissues, and vital indicators.
- Sample food prepared for your dosha and learn to make it yourself (recipes included).
- Lectures, class notes, and practical applications covering
- Ayurvedic Science (five elements, 20 attributes, ten doshas, six tastes w/ lab and others)
- Disease Process and keys to health (Agni, digestion, mental and physical AMA)
- Create lifestyle Balance with the three pillars of seasonal and daily routine, purification, and rejuvenation practices.
- Meditation, sound and mental balance
- Pranayama (detox for the mind) & exercise
- Herbal Support
- Morning and Evening Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Individualized Dosha balancing plan tailored to your current situation
- Online review and reinforcement for mastery with coaching for four weeks at home.
The aging process is fluid and changeable; your thoughts, choices, and routines influence how well you age and how you use your life experiences to determine how you grow, evolve and thrive. Your unique body type, or dosha, is your personal blueprint for health and well-being. It provides the key to understanding the daily choices that will have the greatest benefit for you. There are three main body types in Ayurveda (vata, pitta, and kapha) which reflect your innate tendencies (sleep patterns, metabolism, temperament, energy level, and many others). Ayurveda prescribes a unique exercise program, dietary plan, herbal supplement, and lifestyle choices based on your dosha
Balance the Art of Living is the first step giving you the tools to choose the best foods, activities, and lifestyle to restore and maintain your unique state of vibrant balance and health. Rejuvenate body, mind, and spirit with balance of new or re-vitalized daily meditation, yoga, purification, breath and stress reduction, sound, and delicious Ayurvedic meals. Take-home tools and practices to integrate these ancient healing practices into your everyday life to stay on track long after you return home.
Who can benefit: Anyone wishing to improve wellness, vitality, immunity, and youthfulness.
- Know where you are now – Ayurvedic pulse reading gives you your baseline
- Know yourself: what foods and exercises benefit you most, how you respond to stress, how to recharge your batteries and avoid stress and depletion.
- Recommendations for improvement move your health beyond absence of dis-ease to wake up energized with focus, optimism, joy, and peace by following your dosha with personalized nutrition and exercise recommendations, individualized breathing and stress-release practices, and lifestyle techniques for harmony and balance every day.
- Tools for self-care show you how your bodies can recover from disease, how addressing mental health – Stress, anxiety and the state of your relationships can relieve mental and emotional challenges that contribute to your body’s ability to heal itself through practices to detoxifying your body-mind system.
- Ease stress, improve digestion, find fulfilment, and create a self-care routine that works for you.
- Ayurvedic philosophy emphasizes living well and enjoying life. Emotional and physical health are intertwined, we want to create a life that brings great joy and bliss, delight you, make you laugh, and are pleasurable.
- Individualized plan to achieve balance.
Times: September 13-15th 3AM Friday to 2 PM Sunday Afternoon
Cost: R2400pp includes 2 nights accommodation, food (6 meals), printed materials, Ayurvedic pulse reading session, personalized Ayurvedic program for balance. A limited number of camping sites are available for a reduced rate of R2000pp. Register and pay two weeks before the course and receive R200 off.
MSEE, MBA, Ayurvedic Counselor, Vegetarian Chef, Rebirther, Yoga Therapy and Black Belt Karate.
Director and manager of the Red Roan Ranch retreat programs. Jim trained with the leading US Ayurvedic master, Dr. David Frawley in Ayurvedic self-care and rejuvenation. He has also had coursework and training from Dr. Chopra, Dr. Lad, Mukunda Stiles and other top teachers and Yoga masters. With a strong interest in nutrition and healthy cooking for over forty six years, Jim has written two cookbooks on Healthy Vegetarian cooking and Raw Food Preparation. He has a strong interest in Ethnic cooking from around the world and is a master at Gerson Cooking and Real Plant Based Foods and cooking. “ I love introducing people to tasty and filling vegetarian foods.” Trained by Leonard Orr, the founder of Rebirthing, he can help you breathe new life into your body and release the nine traumas.
Have a wonderful time and live your life with love, joy and Bliss,
– Jim Montrose
071 959 07863
Copyright July 2019
PS Make 2019 the year you evolve and expand to your true self. Get in Balance with your body’s unique requirements to feel great, to thrive, and live with vibrancy. Take action now!, register now send an email with your name and the session you want to join, we will send you a quote and the banking details (do not put it into the clinic account please).
- 3 Gratitudes – Great DayJuly 1, 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Self Inquiry – 3 actualizations to enlightened livingMay 31, 2022 - 6:48 am
- Free Seminar Lifestyle/Eating Plan to Live-in Balance Tomorrow, Saturday April 30th at 9amApril 29, 2022 - 10:08 am
- Free Quarterly Review of Intentions TomorrowApril 22, 2022 - 3:36 pm